Saturday, August 6, 2011

Remnant Stash



I am a self proclaimed "Remnant Whore" I scout out the remnants at most fabric stores but non better than my beloved Fabric Depot. My daughter, Cora, has been playing softball this summer and the practice location is a few blocks from Fabric Depot here in Portland. I love this place...it is big, well lit and has the best remnant rack I have ever found. They mark down the pieces 20% from the regular a yard price...then 50% off of that! One night I challenged myself to only spend $10 and I found lots of great stuff for the stash. One night I cleaned up on Oil cloth!
I was able to find fun flannels for some scrappy kids quilts, batiks, mesh and lots of solids to have for those arty quilts I like so much from Jean Wells lately. I will not miss the Softball schedule but I will miss going to FD twice a week! Look for some of this fab in projects I can finally make now that I have the weekends and evenings to myself again!

No comments: