Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kaffe Fassett Workshop
















Man what a weekend! Fibers in Motion hosted Kaffe Fassett here in Portland on May 10th for a slide show and lecture and then on Sunday May 11th there was a workshop in the store for 25 of us quilters...it was wonderful! I am on such a creative high right now I feel I can do just about anything! The above picture is Kaffe critiquing my quilt layout at the end of the day and let me tell you all 25 quilts were beautiful. He and his business partner Brandon Malby worked with us all day long going around and giving suggestions and pulling fabric suggestion together for each quilt. He came by and suggested an orange fabric and then wisked away. I had Luann cut me a half yard of it and another orange I liked and put it up and man oh man was it beautiful..."Juicy" as Kaffe would say in his descriptions of wonderful color combinations. I truly loved being around him and watching him look at all the layouts and fabrics. Thank you Luann for bringing him to us! We will never be the same.
This week is also Quilt market and I am able to go as a teacher connected with Fibers In Motion. I am extremely excited for this and look forward to seeing all the new fabrics, tools and books coming out. I have gone to the Outdoor Clothing and Ski shows for years but have never been so excited to walk the show like I am for this. I know I will come home and have to document all my ideas right away so I don't forget about them.
I am putting together my teaching schedule for the summer. Please see the sidebar for updated classes and schedule

No comments: