Sunday, July 25, 2010
So I thought I got this top out of my head but I didn't. I was playing with some scraps of vintage fabrics and a new book called "Fabrication" I liked some of her ideas for decorating garments or pillows and adapted this for my top. I cut circles of three different sizes and fabrics then sewed them on with a shell button. I washed the linen top to have the edges fray but it wasn't what I wanted, the fabric flowers stuck out. so I stitched them down with free motion quilting and ran that stitching to the next flower all the way around the bottom. This I liked. I just can't stop making these tops. I have another one on the drawing board!