Sunday, April 25, 2010

Inspiration Day in Hood River

Yesterday, my quilting buddies, Sue and Gail, and I drove out to Hood River to go to the Columbia Center for the Arts. It is hosting a wonderful show featuring some local Fiber Artists. Fiber Arts Now is the show and is up till May 2. Wonderful show. As we looked over the show Hilde Morin, one of the artists was there taking a class from Trisha Hassler, another fabulous fiber artist in the show. I was so glad to meet Tirsha and hope to take one of her classes myself. Her juxtaposition of fabric and metal are incredible. The felt work in the show was wonderful as well, Laura Berman and Pat Sparks.
it was a fun day walking around Hood River. Yarn shopping, Bead shopping and quilt shopping all in town as well as other fun home stores. We were all inspired. I came home, popped in Julie/Julia and worked on my purse panels. I like the way it is coming out.
Today I am cleaning the studio and getting ready to long arm an old quilt I just want to get done. I don't want to give up on it. I have a class and fabric invested into it and think it will look good on our bed after we paint our bedroom light creamy yellow. I will work on the border this week. One down three to go on the long arm quilting.

No comments: